Monday, April 22, 2013

Super Active Cloclo!

Saw a French film titled "Cloclo," a biopic of Claude Francois, at the press preview. Though I hadn't known that he was the original songwriter of "My Way" sung by Frank Sinatra, Cloclo (Claude) was, in fact, one of the most famous singers in France.

The film is a big-budgeted entertainment which depicts the star's big success in the showbiz in the 60's and 70's. In between the dazzling scenes of his live performances and TV shows along with hot female dancers, we see in the film so many girlfriends of Cloclo come and go (that I can't remember all of their faces), and tons of screaming fans who wait for him in front of the doors of venues. He is a real star, but unlike many other superstars of the time, he never drinks nor takes drugs. He just works frantically, and has been singing and dancing throughout the film; almost seems like a hyperactive man! (Maybe I shouldn't say 'hyper.' I didn't mean to be rude to his enthusiasm, au contraire, admire it very much. Let's say 'super' active, instead.) Very professional, indeed.

What shocked me most was the fact that he died of an accident (as a result of touching light bulbs while he was taking a bath) at 39, despite his healthy life style. 

After I saw the magnificent film, I googled and found real Cloclo video↓. Il est magnifique! Really!